Job offer in Warrington-Birchwood

Hi all,
My name is Marti and I work as R&D Systems Engineer at Phoenix Inspection Systems Ltd in Warrington (Closer to Birchwood).
We are looking for a mechanical and electrical technician in a permanent position.
The main responsibilities for the role are mechanical assembly and electrical wiring of scanners and controllers. Below you have a more detailed job description. Sadly I don’t have information about salary range or benefits package but if you are interested you will be informed by one of my colleagues.

The company makes, on one side, manual and automated scanners for Non Destructive Testing and on the other side ultra sonic probes.
A big part of our products are bespoke systems, so there’s no really place to be bored!

If you would be interested in this position please let me know.
Also if you have any question regarding the role or the company do not hesitate in contacting me.

Thank you and sorry for the spam!

#Technician (Mechanical & Electrical)

Role:

Reporting to the Operations Manager to carry out the assembly and, where appropriate, the refurbishment of the Company’s products. To prepare for and provide support to 3rd Party/client inspections carried out on our premises.

Responsibilities:

• Mechanical assembly and fitting
• Electrical wiring of instrumentation and connector assembly
• Pneumatic assembly
• Electronic assembly
• Maintain stocks of components, fasteners and fittings to agreed levels
• Carry out functional tests including testing components for mechanical and/or electrical faults
• Prepare equipment for factory acceptance tests for colleagues, clients or 3rd party auditors
• Assist in equipment validation and factory acceptance tests
• Off-site customer support
• Work in compliance with the company’s Quality Management System
• Comply with all health & safety rules and regulations
• Train and mentor apprentices, as well as new and existing manufacturing employee’s
• Assist in the on time delivery of the company’s products

#Key Relationships – Internal:
• Operations/Works Manager – Suggesting and supporting process improvements
• Engineering Manager – Providing manufacturing insight to improve designs that reduce manufacturing costs and reduce assembly time

#Key Relationships – External:
• Customers and potential customers
• 3rd Party inspectors
• Auditors

#Skills:
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and wiring schematics
• Precision mechanical bench assembly
• Safe use of in-house tools and machinery
• Soldering and crimping of small components
• Small scale electronic bench assembly
• Competence in the use of electronic test equipment including, but not limited to, test meters and an oscilloscope
• Commitment to excellence, taking pride in the quality of work produced
• Analytical and problem solving
• Manual dexterity

Education and Qualifications:

• Recognised apprenticeship
• ONC, NVQ or equivalent in a mechanical, electronic or electrical discipline

(just a note to say that Marti did ask my permission first before posting on the HS list and I said it was OK)

Marcus